Trends for the Next Decade #10
User centered design methods & tools
Do you know what your customers really want? Innovative products, services and business models can only be introduced in a scalable way based on a deep understanding of the social environment and the intrinsic needs of users. The adoption of a user-oriented mindset and intelligently applied methods and tools in idea generation, strategy definition and the development of products and services ensure a company's ability to innovate.
Our Recommended Actions
- Introduce User Centric Mindset & Culture to company.
- Create ad-hoc innovation inputs: Use formats such as Innovation Day, Hackathons, Start Up day, Prototyping Party to gather new insights and ideas.
- Embed user research and co-creation methods in value detection & generation.
- Apply Design Thinking & Lean Startup methods when defining new ventures, products or services.
- Structure digital product/service development and delivery using Agile & DevOps.
- Formalize innovation processes (Foresight / Gate / Incubation / Excubation / Assessment).
- Establish Innovation Excellence Centers: set up Hubs, Labs, Incubators by defining Strategy, Governance, Culture and Infrastructure.