Welcome to Detecon UAE
Leading Digital Transformation Across Industries
Detecon's ICT strategy and management consulting services drive value for our clients across a wide range of industries - including telecommunications and media, banking and insurance, government and regulatory, manufacturing and logistics.
As agile innovation leaders, we have been helping our clients in the Middle East address their most pressing business challenges for over 30 years as we work with them on tasks related to:
- Business and technology strategy
- Digital transformation and development
- (Re)building operations
- Introduction of mobile banking
- Developing a vision for government
- Infrastructure and cybersecurity
- Cloud computing
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Internet of Things
- Conceptual thinking
- Big data and analytics
- Hybrid networks and satellites
Our Service Portfolio
Telecommunications: Country-wide FTTx planning and rollout programme
Providing citizens and businesses with broadband internet access is key for developing countries to gain socio-economic benefits, promote economic growth and improve their position on international benchmarks.
In the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), we have helped clients throughout the project cycle of nationwide FTTx deployments to achieve high diffusion rates and set the foundation for all-IP migration away from legacy infrastructure.
Our services include:
- Project Management Office: Establishment of a PMO and facilities to deliver the contracted scope, including the provision of a local office and the engagement and management of various subcontractors, as well as systematic and standardized monitoring, control and governance of all relevant programme activities for a +1000 FTE programme organization across various organizations.
- Network engineering and design: Technical review and approval of all relevant E2E network architecture documents covering both active and passive network infrastructure components, review of existing telecommunications equipment and provision of updated specifications for construction works, both for material and installation, and review of existing internal cabling guidelines for FTTx and provision of updated specifications for internal cabling, both for material and installation works.
- Area and demand survey: Planning and implementation of an area and demand survey for about 2/3 of the country, including the development of the supporting IT landscape for data collection and processing.
- Network planning: Tool-supported FTTx network planning based on a planning environment that utilises various data sources, including online access to municipal population data.
- Tenders: Preparation of all technical and commercial documents required for tendering a turnkey FTTx project and evaluation of the bidders' responses.
- Processes and procedures: Progress and status monitoring of the project using automated systems, templates and tools based on best practices for project management, engineering, design, construction and installation supervision, commissioning and operation.
- Inspection, approval and testing: Continuous inspection and follow-up of passive and active installation, commissioning and testing, as well as witnessing and validation of on-site tests, acceptance tests, final acceptance and documentation of the work.
- Accounting and contract management: Validation of the contractor's work orders, purchase orders and invoices against agreed standards, specifications, content and formats.
- Training: Analysis and definition of training needs as well as development of a training plan for the client's staff and regular training sessions in the classroom and on site.
Where to find us
Detecon Consulting FZ-LLC
Dubai Internet City
Building 1, Office 305
P.O. Box 500089
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 4434778
Where to find us
Detecon International GmbH
Al Wahda City (1), Commercial Tower
26th Floor, Suite 2602/03
P.O. Box 52612
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 4434778
Contact: Christian Dietze