Travel, Transport & Logistics
Shaping the Future with Digitalization
The game changers digitalization and convergence have brought about metamorphoses in the established industry sectors of travel, transport, and logistics in recent years, in no small part the consequence of new living and travel habits. New market players have emerged and become major forces as have innumerable digital services for sharing, pooling, and intermodal door-to-door travel. Despite the scope of these transformations, the end of such developments is by no means in sight. The next wave is already lapping at the threshold, featuring (among other things) self-driving vehicles, fundamentally new approaches in last-mile delivery, “digital construction” based on building information modeling (BIM), the secure “digital transport” of information, and digital asset monitoring with IoT and data analytics.
The magnitude of the challenges facing our rail, postal, and transport and logistics clients is equally daunting:
- How can they sustainably position themselves in this new world of mobility, what role will they play in it?
- How can they compensate the losses in some areas of their core business – for example, in mail delivery of the postal companies?
- How can they secure proximity to their customers traveling along the path of the customer journey?
- How must they react to the new cyber threats caused by increasing interconnection and digitalization?
- How can they optimize their operations to achieve end-to-end process orientation and seamless process digitalization?
- How do they master the related “digital change” challenges encompassing broad areas of their companies?
An essential key to success is keeping pace with accelerating velocity of the ICT industry, and that in itself demands a high level of market orientation, focus, and innovation.
The Logistic Trend Radar
Since 2013, the Trend Radar has been continuously developed and updated to identify relevant logistics trends. In the new 5th edition, you will find 29 important trends and innovations in the field of logistics in the development of which Detecon, together with DHL, was significantly involved.
We offer to our clients a broad range of consulting services, including both profound industry expertise and many functional focal points in our consulting activities, that support them in mastering these challenges. Here are just a few examples of what we can do for you:
Strategic positioning in the field of smart mobility/mobility aaS, including requirements analysis, portfolio management, etc.
We provide support in drafting engineering requirements for autonomous trains, digital interlocking systems, high-security data connections, etc.
We help you with the expansion of current digital business models and the development of new models tailored to satisfy future demands.
E2E process digitalization, including business process reengineering, agile transformation, guidance during change processes, etc.
Cyber defense strategy and tactics, security concepts, ICT risk analysis, design of secure IT and OT architectures, etc.
Internal and external value generation from data, including predictive maintenance, smart city, BIM, etc.