TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Course
Preparation for the TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Certification, Version 10
Architecting Digital Transformation
Digitization is "architecture" - the complex interplay between business, data, applications and digital technologies. How is this interaction systematically described, developed, implemented and operated?
With our new Open Group accredited TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture courses, based on the TOGAF 10 framework, we offer the methodological support to systematically lead digitization projects to success.
The courses provide intensive preparation for the TOGAF® EA Foundation and TOGAF® EA Practitioner certification. The certification exam can be taken within one year of the course at an exam center in Zurich, Bern or other cities, as well as remotely from home. The TOGAF certificate is valid indefinitely.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group
Target Audiences: Individuals who wish to apply the TOGAF approach to develop, maintain, or transform architectures, such as.
- IT/digitization project and program leaders
- Enterprise, business, data or IT architects
- Business analysts/requirements engineers
- Executives in the field of Digitalization
TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Course – Foundation
- Understand TOGAF as an approach to Enterprise Architecture Management.
- Preparation for TOGAF® EA Foundation certification.
- The concept and purpose of enterprise architecture
- Introduction to TOGAF as a standard for enterprise architecture
- Basic concepts of TOGAF and building an architecture capability
- The Architecture Content Framework
- Overview of the architecture development methodology (ADM)
- Application of TOGAF in agile and digital enterprises
TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Course – Practitioner
- Be able to apply TOGAF as an approach to Enterprise Architecture Management.
- Preparation for TOGAF® EA Practitioner certification (previous version: TOGAF 9 certified).
- Development of an architecture vision and stakeholder management
- Development of an enterprise architecture using ADM (detailed)
- Application of techniques for developing an enterprise architecture
- Approaches to architecture implementation, architecture change management, and architecture requirements management
- Other concepts to support architecture development
Requirements: Foundation level knowledge of TOGAF
TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Course - Leader
- Understand how to build and operate an enterprise architecture function based on best practices (aimed specifically at individuals who are responsible for an architecture function).
- Preparation for the TOGAF® EA Leader certification
- Business objectives for the Enterprise Architecture Capability
- Organizational model for the EA team
- Implementation of an architecture capability
- Customization of architecture content and metamodel
- Architecture Governance
- Alignment with other frameworks
Requirements: TOGAF knowledge at Foundation level (TOGAF 9 or higher)
Our Value Proposition
- Promise of success: free retake vocuher in case of certification exam failure
- High practical relevance: Numerous current and real project examples for the use of TOGAF®.
- Sophisticated and proven methodical-didactic course concept, developed with didactics experts
- Very experienced architectural consultant as trainer
- Course materials in German and English incl. mock exam and exam study sheet
- Licensed, modern classroom webapp with over 100 practice questions for exam preparation
- Live demonstration of TOGAF concepts with modern EA tools
- Actual case study of a complex architecture development project
- Networking with Swiss architecture professionals
What our participants say:
- "Perfect - money well spent"
- "Dry material, but really well packaged"
- "I passed both parts of the TOGAF exam today! So a big thank you for the excellent preparation and tips!"
The TOGAF®-Standard, version 10 – what´s new?
In 2022, The Open Group published the TOGAF® Standard in its 10th edition, together with a new certification program. The presentation will highlight what structural and content changes have occurred compared to the previous version, TOGAF 9.2. and what the new certification program looks like with more role-oriented certification paths. In addition, selected new concepts will be briefly introduced. The presentation is aimed at people who have prior knowledge of TOGAF 9 and can be downloaded here.
Course registration in Zurich, Switzerland
Duration: 2 days per course (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each)
- TOGAF® EA Foundation 23. - 10/24/2023, German
- TOGAF® EA Practitioner 22. - 11/23/2023, German
- TOGAF® EA Leader 11. - 12/12/2023, German
- TOGAF® EA Foundation 22. - 01/23/2024, German
- TOGAF® EA Foundation 20. - 03/21/2024, German
- TOGAF® EA Practitioner 16. - 04/17/2024, German
- TOGAF® EA Leader 13. - 05/14/2024, German
The language of lecture and discussion is german. The course material will be presented in English.
Price: The price for participation is 1,800 CHF per course (incl. voucher for the certification exam). A total discount of 200 CHF is granted for booking two courses at the same time.
Location: Detecon (Schweiz) AG, Löwenstrasse 1, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland (10 minutes walk from the main train station)
Registration by e-mail or contact form will be treated as an inquiry and will be made informally. In the reply you will receive a registration form for binding registration. A registration can be cancelled free of charge up to two weeks before the course starts.
Company courses: Our courses can also be held in your company.