Chatbots will be an essential part of customer interaction in the future: they increase productivity and create a unique customer experience through smart use, which is in no way inferior to the experience of human interaction.
How can companies benefit from the high technological maturity of chatbots for business success? And why is it still a challenge for companies to make interaction with bots a positive experience?
Customer experience is a success factor
Interest in the use of chatbots is growing: every fourth household in Germany is equipped with smart assistants, and 40% of Germans even want to increase the use of smart speakers in the next few years.
Realising the full business potential is closely intertwined with creating a unique customer experience: According to current studies, 70 to 90 percent of customers would no longer buy from a company with poor customer service.
Root Cause Analysis Based on Empirical Values
- In some companies, a low maturity of digitization doesn’t allow for an easy solution implementation in a technology ecosystem. This may be simply due to the fact that companies are still using soft phones in their customer service centres as the main point of contact.
- Companies may not be aware of advanced technological solutions, the maturity level and implementation efforts or they may not regard improved customer experience as an adequate Return On Investment (ROI) over time.
- If the chosen bot technology does not scale well or fail to develop, understand emotions, answer empathetically or recognise multiple languages then companies fear to not be able to provide a satisfying customer experience.
Detecon Solution Approach Based on Methods and Best Practices
- Thorough understanding of state-of-the-art solutions in the market of technological opportunities; from simple to most advanced and multi-channel solutions
- Research and analysis of customer individual requirements based on the strategic context and preferred customer touchpoints, for example through interviews, requirements engineering and other methods of technical assessments.
- Solution Design of customer individual communication processes and matching technological components, for example integrating artificial and human touchpoints in the customer journey.
- Cost analysis of implementation and maintenance are the basis for a business case calculation and prediction of the ROI for the customer.