Trends for the Next Decade #4
Software Driven Business
Exponential growth through software
Software-driven business models enable companies to design their products in a highly measurable and scalable way or to shape important trends in their own favour with new functions of existing products. However, it is necessary to be able to react agilely and to bring software and new features to the market continuously and as quickly as possible.
Our Recommended Actions
- Define specific measurable goals on how SW Driven Business, agile organizational structures and DevOps chain should improve your competitiveness.
- Establish a culture and target system that rewards agile collaboration, continuous learning, continuous improvement and ownership.
- Have design, implementation, and operation of new and changed software occur consistently across a team.
- Use established standards (e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Scrum).
- Stop thinking in terms of projects and start thinking in terms of products that are continuously improved and get new features.
- Change culture and mindset, align processes and organizational structures with your value streams, and only then select the appropriate tools.
- Build a system architecture that allows software components to integrate and operate simultaneously and independently.
- Invite your employees and business partners to actively shape your SWDriven and Agile/DevOps transformation.
Please also read our article in Computerwoche on this topic (only in German) "Tools sind nicht alles - Der DevOps-Aufwand wird unterschätzt".