Senior Consultant Fixed Access (m/f/d)
Location: Köln (with international project assignments)
What you can expect
- Providing strategic and technical consulting services to our international customers in the telecommunications industry with a focus on fiber optic technologies (FTTx) - but also copper-based or cable-based access technologies
- Your responsibilities include the analysis, planning and roll-out management of fixed-access projects
- Evaluate and optimize existing access networks, define planning standards and develop FTTx migration concepts
- Assume responsibility as (sub-)project manager within the scope of project management and customer leadership tasks
- Furthermore, develop industry-oriented consulting topics and methods; and support the marketing of our consulting services
Waht we are looking for:
- Master's degree in communications engineering, (business) computer science, (business) engineering, natural sciences or comparable degree
- Several years of professional experience in (international) consulting or telecommunications companies in the fixed access sector and very good knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- GPON & Ethernet P2P access network architectures
- Passive infrastructure for FTTx, e.g. OSP, in-house cabling, (micro-)duct systems
- Experience with the FTTx roll-out process and the main cost drivers
- Good knowledge of xDSL, MSAN, vectoring, G.Fast or DOCSIS desirable
- Experience in strategy development, strategic expansion planning and network design/auditing
- High project-related willingness to travel (with frequent and long-term foreign assignments) as well as enthusiasm for the interaction of technology and business
- Experience in preparing offers and in project and customer acquisition
- Project-related willingness to travel (national or international, depending on preference)
- Business fluent in German and English
What we are offering you:
- No up-or-out system, but individual career and development perspectives
An appreciative culture and a highly innovative new work environment
The freedom to develop and drive your own themes
Global knowledge transfer and exchange of experience through our international network
Are you digital?
Then we look forward to getting to know you and receiving your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, desired salary and possible starting date).
Your benefits at Detecon:
As part of our self-leadership approach, we use a combination of traditional leadership skills and elements of self-reflection to train our senior consultants as leaders.
Fast track or the choice between partner or expert track enables our consultants to develop individually and optimally.
From company kindergartens to company pensions - Detecon employees and their families have comprehensive access to the benefits and privileges of the Telekom Group.
With a variety of sports groups and fitness cooperations, our comprehensive health program, or part-time programs and sabbaticals, we try to provide our employees with the best possible flexibility to balance work and private life.