Consulting Intern in San Francisco (m/f/d)
Location: San Francisco
Detecon is looking for talented, self-motivated and entrepreneurially minded students to join its San Francisco team. Interns are critical in supporting the delivery of successful US and international projects, ensuring that our clients around the world leverage the full potential of their digital strategy and innovation initiatives. Typical projects include defining a client’s digital business strategy and preparing implementation roadmaps for new products and services. Trend analysis and startup scouting are also important parts of our work.
What you can expect
- Being part of an international team, you will have a unique opportunity to experience the innovation powerhouse of Silicon Valley and build a network in this startup hub
- You will support our consultants with their projects, assisting them on several projects during your time in San Francisco
What we are looking for
- Current enrollment as a postgraduate with a core focus on Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics (ideal is a combination of Business/Economics and Technology)
- Must have a strong interest or background in digital/technology innovation, specifically in telecommunications, wireless, IoT, Industry 4.0 or connected cars, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge about innovation methods, tools and techniques (such as Design Thinking) is a plus
- Expertise from previous internships in innovation departments, telecommunication, consulting, startups and/or corporate strategy is extremely valuable
What we offer you
- Working as part of an international team
- A flexible and attractive working environment
- Excellent training and further development opportunities
Are you digital?
Then we look forward to getting to know you and to receiving your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, salary expectations and possible entry date).
Collect experience through projects in interdisciplinary teams
You will receive a laptop and a smartphone on your onboarding day
You will have full access to our Detecon training landscape with more than 40 trainings and opportunities for development
Build your foundation of a career network and make connections for life
Your career opportunities at Detecon
As a Business Analyst, you will work with your team on projects and support the topic development of your practice. You will develop yourself and your consulting competence further and build up a network within Detecon.
As a Consultant, you are jointly responsible for projects as a stream, sub-project or project manager. You support with offers and client workshops. In addition, you will contribute to the development of your practice and expand your functional and industry-specific expertise.
As a Senior Consultant you take over the role of the management of client projects and prepare independent offers. You strengthen your thematic focus and expand your market and sector know-how.
As a Managing Consultant you lead your own client projects and participate in account teams. As an expert, you lead knowledge initiatives and position yourself as a Detecon Leader.
Partner-Track: Associate Partner
As an Associate Partner you will assume a responsible role in projects and account management. You have your own client platform and place your thematic focus at Detecon. You also lead disciplinary staff and assume a superior role.
Experten-Track: Topic CTO
Or you position yourself as Topic CTO with a highly specialized topic expertise and engage as such in projects. Furthermore, you yield your expertise in proposals and client workshops and strengthen your Knowledge continuously.
As a Partner you are responsible for knowledge & people development and the success of projects. You have a strong client base and are an expert on your core topics. In addition, you take on a superior role and lead staff disciplinary.
Experten-Track: Practice CTO
As Practice CTO you have a highly specialized know-how and are an essential knowledge carrier in your field. You are responsible for knowledge projects and are a company-wide recognized expert.